Thursday, August 26, 2010

a trip

that emptiness chased me down the road again and
hovered just behind me, whipping through the
wind like a flag eager to claim victory.
i couldn't help but acknowledge it, and
just before a turn in the road, i took
a deep breath in, and i felt
emptiness's dark spot growing in my belly.
at the bottom of the curve
i considered filling the void with
other people, outside thoughts,
vague distractions, and then my cowardice
occurred to me. so i came out of the turn with
an intention
to push myself into that blank space,
to fill the gap with my own wholeness,
my own attention, my own love.
it worked, in a way: i do have wholeness,
i can be attentive to myself, i have
love to offer me. but at the end of the road,
it turns out that me,
my wholeness, attention and love ... we
get awfully lonely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you didn’t noticed,
I was walking beside, on the right
I wondered why you started running
gripping my hand tighter and tighter
holding on to the moment
ensuring your self and I that “us” is strong
hoping that grip will scare the emptiness flag
I didn’t ask why or where
its just that my prophecy bag was banging on my hip
the “message” gets heavy sometimes
it got heavier lately though
look at me
look at you in me
trap that heartbeat and breath
save it
use it
you look at my prophecy bag
you see the emptiness flag
mine got to me recently
“oh that’s why its heavy” I say
don’t worry honey,
my prophecy bag has more messy yet graceful heartbeats and breaths
to fight the flag and whoever sent it.
hope it works
WW3%D