Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i want to play

a secret 25Things game with myself.

1. Vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream. (I know, I can't believe it either).
2. I count myself as extraordinarily lucky to have 5 1/2 best friends.
3. When I was younger, I had a remarkable obsession with the Holocaust.
4. Please don't touch my feet. Please.
5. I love having time for brunch. And then, having brunch.
6. Considering my family's history, I am so grateful not to have alcohol or other substance abuse issues.
7. I wish I knew more about and had more exposure to jazz.
8. I am becoming frighteningly jaded about love/relationships.
9. I am completely confident that in my later years I will find the peace and ease I crave now. I look forward to my 40s, 50s and beyond.
10. I visualize myself in this way: bare feet, white-washed wooden floors with a tu-tu hanging on the wall and a mimosa fresh for the drinking.
11. I am proud to be an only child.
12. While I have, at times, craved the presence of an older brother, I am lucky to say that I have had several older-brother-type figures in my life, and I appreciate their influences.
13. I wish I had a passion that was also a talent that was also a livelihood.
14. I am firmly on the Palestinian side of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. But I understand the complexities involved. And one of my life goals is to solve that ish before we all end up nuked over it.
15. I secretly love going to the doctor because of all the extra attention.
16. If given the opportunity I think I could recite The Sound of Music screenplay verbatim.
17. I don't believe in video games. (Except I heard about this Wii program where you can compete in cooking competitions - there's a whisk and stir function, etc. - and I might be up for that one).
18. I do believe you can tell a lot about a person by the manner in which they approach speed bumps. I fly over them like they don't exist. Suspension-susmenshun.
19. In yoga I found a spiritual out-and-in-let that doesn't insult my intelligence. I love that, and I love it.
20. I will always be fiercely proud of my hometown and high school (I still hate on private schools the world over). I will never move back.
21. Most of the things I criticize are things I secretly want. Just a little. Except mango and pineapple. That's real-life loathing.
22. I peed in my pants twice (!) in kindergarten. If you were there, and you know, I appreciate your anonymity.
23. S. Carter is and always will be the greatest. Yeah, I said it.
24. I really, really wish somebody would just tell me the right answer.
25. If I could be any animal, I would be a duck. With benefits.

No comments: