Friday, August 17, 2007

H.K.G.

I come from the HKG school of coping.
I am only recently enrolled, but let me tell you all,
it has been a revelatory experience.

The methodology is--and pay attention here,
because it was brand new to me and if you don't squint
you may have to review later--the methodology is:

When you feel like crap, be nice to yourself.

There it is! That's it! It's a phenomenal course of study,
and may not be intuitive, which is why it takes practice.
Some options are:

ice cream, toenail polish, macaroni and cheese (preferably Velveeta),
naps, a trip to the library, caramel macchiatos, wine,
great chocolate (the milk variety is really perfect for this),
new underwear, pajamas, hamburgers, movies.

I will forever be a student of HKG. Let me give deep, deep thanks:

Thanks.

No comments: